Experience Matters Podcast w/Kent Clothier, Sr. & Kevin Hommel
Episode 2: Listen here...
Kent Sr. launches the first podcast for Memphis Invest and is joined by co-host Kevin Hommel. Kent Sr. plans to cover all kinds of topics from real estate investing in general, to specifics about Memphis Invest, his years as an entrepreneur and maybe even a few more topics. 50 years in business and 35 as an entrepreneur give Kent, Sr. a little leg-up as a podcaster! He will have plenty to share...
This Week's Show Notes:
- The Journey started 35 years ago with some ups and downs... - :49
- Started working at 14 years old - 2:21
- Oldest son of 5 children and talked the owner of a laundry to let him clean up at night - 3:21
- Stated working for .50 cents an hour!! - 4:15
- His first car was a 1964 Dodge Dart that his Dad bought and he paid back every dollar - 7:23
- At 17 years old he was opening and closing a Minyards Food Store - 7:20
- Kevin Hommel makes his appearance... - 12:05
- Summer of 1972 - promoted to run his own store at 21 yrs old... 16:50
- An opportunity was laid in my lap and I had to go for it... 21:00
Who else started working at the age of 14? When the laws say you can legally get a job at 15, if you are moticated and like having a little money in your pocket that you earned, you go find a job as soon as possible!
Kent Sr. started working in a grocery store when he could legaly work and hated that he was restricted to 15 hours a week. The simple fact is, he loved working! He would even hang around the store after hours just to watch and learn.
This week's episode is all about how those early lessons and his realizations that learning about everything would lead to more money, would eventually influence the way he would lead Memphis Invest.
This is the start of Kent Clothier Sr's start as an entrepreneur and you are not going to want to miss!