Experience Matters Podcast w/Kent Clothier, Sr. & Kevin Hommel
Episode 3: Listen here...
Kent Sr. launches the first podcast for Memphis Invest and is joined by co-host Kevin Hommel. Kent Sr. plans to cover all kinds of topics from real estate investing in general, to specifics about Memphis Invest, his years as an entrepreneur and maybe even a few more topics. 50 years in business and 35 as an entrepreneur give Kent, Sr. a little leg-up as a podcaster! He will have plenty to share...
This Week's Show Notes:
- Learned a lot about managing and leading people - 3:15
- One of the most challenging jobs he ever had - 4:35
- Promoted to District Manager for Minyards - 6:30
- At age 32, Kent Sr, was promoted to director of retail operations - 9:54
- Left Minyard stores and started his entrepreneur path - 11:05
- First reality check as an entrepreneur : 12:45
- Kevin asks Kent Sr. some questions - 14:40
- A new opportunity - 19:00
- Memphis TN - 21:05
- Diverting "wholesale" business - 21:55
At the young age of 32, Kent Sr was promoted to director of retail operations for a multi-million dollar company. During that time there was a lot of growth and learning the hard way. However, that helped accelerate the learning curve and feel comfortable enough to branch out into the entrepreneur field.
After diving full force into the entrepreneur field, he quickly received his first "reality check" on business 101. During this time, opportunities kept arising and allowed Kent Sr to help his dads business in Memphis Tn.
Not too long after moving to Memphis TN, Kent Sr started another business that quickly grew in revenue and presented challenges along the way.